Barrington Hall will continue its 2012 cooking class season with Chef John Wilson this summer.
Wilson will draw upon his many years as a professional chef and cooking class teacher to present a mixed bag of old favorites and new and exciting cooking classes. Participants will learn to prepare a full meal from main course to dessert in the spacious kitchen of the historic Roswell home. Wilson teaches cooking techniques in European, International and American cuisines.
Following the instruction, participants will dine on the meal prepared.
Reservations are required and space is limited. Please call 770-640-3855 to reserve your spot. Classes are on Tuesdays, 6:30-9:30 PM. Dates follow below. The class fee of $50 per person includes all materials, food and fun. Complimentary wine will be served. All classes are held at Barrington Hall, 535 Barrington Drive.
- Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - “Working With Puff Pastry” -Provençale Onion Pizza, Parmesan Cheese Straws, Piroshkis with Blender Hollandaise, Quick Fruit Galette
- Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - “Tamale Workshop” -Masa, Spicy Chicken Tamales, Black Bean, Green Chiles and Cheddar Tamales, Chocolate Tamales
- Thursday, June 7, 2012 - “Cajun Cooking” - Muffuletta Toasts, Vegetable Jambalaya, Crawfish Étouffée, Creole Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - “Pasta Workshop” -Fresh Pasta Dough, Angel Hair Parmesan Cheese Custards, Linguini with Chicken Basil and Garlic, Ravioli with Mushroom filling and Sage Butter
- Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - “Working With Phyllo” - Artichoke and Cheddar Phyllo Triangles, Spinach and Cream Cheese Strudel, Turkey and Papaya Pouches, Lemon Cream with Strawberries in Phyllo Flower Cups
- Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - “Pizza Workshop” - Basic Pizza Dough, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Pizza, Mexican Pizza, Roasted Veggie and Pesto Pizza
- Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - “Southwest Sizzle” - Black Bean and Mango Salsa with Oven Roasted Corn Chips, Fish Tacos, Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Tuesday, August 7, 2012 - “Summer Cocktail Buffet” - Grilled Salmon Skewers, Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms, Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Chicken Satays with Peanut Sauce
- Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - “Sauces” - Fall Marinara Sauce, Hollandaise Sauce, Beurre Blanc and Beurre Rouge Sauce, Béchamel or Cream Sauce