Strategic Economic Development Plan Meeting Scheduled
To have your say on redevelopment and economic development in Roswell, you should attend an upcoming public meeting, July 12 from 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
Roswell will soon hold a community meeting on the city’s first Strategic Economic Development Plan (SEDP).
The SEDP is an important tool for the redevelopment and economic development of Roswell and is a key first step for how the city should progress in these areas. The operational and implementation goals of the plan are:
- To increase the awareness, understanding and support for economic development within Roswell;
- To establish the city as a partner in economic development;
- To enhance Roswell’s economic and fiscal health within context of the North Fulton County market;
- To promote the retention and expansion of existing Roswell businesses;
- To cultivate the entrepreneurial spirit of Roswell residents; and
- To foster a market climate attractive to a variety of business sizes and interests.
“The Strategic Economic Development Plan will be a roadmap to develop and obtain the goals for the future of Roswell. It will assist us as we continue to build a strong and diversified local economy based on our strengths as a city. This roadmap will point us in the direction needed to cultivate a sustainable community - focusing on leadership, growth, quality of life and wisely investing our resources in areas of impact,” said Steve Stroud, executive director of the Roswell Business Alliance.
The Roswell City Council appointed a 24-member Advisory Committee comprised of a broad cross section of Roswell residents and business owners to facilitate the development of the plan. They will be guided by RKG Associates, Inc. and FOCOM, Inc., which were hired by the city to develop the SEDP.
The meeting, which includes a presentation of the SEDP and a question/answer session, will take place on Thursday, July 12 from 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. at Roswell City Hall, Room 220.
For additional information and to review the SEDP plan document, visit the city's website.