Invite a friend
Chattahoochee River Canoe Adventures
The Chattahoochee River, providing more than 70% of metro Atlanta’s water supply, is more than just a valuable resource. The river is home to an array of wildlife, unique plants and hundreds of places to explore. This summer, the Chattahoochee Nature Center invites you to join them on the river – to connect to the waters of the Chattahoochee in a new way.
Come enjoy your river with us on a 3 mile paddle exploring wetlands, cliffs and meandering through the marshland. Daily stresses seem to melt away as Great Blue Herons, Geese, Mallards, Kingfishers and Swallows fly from perch to perch overhead. As you paddle, the sky slowly gives way to an amazing sunset filled with pinks, oranges, purples and blues. It is breath taking to see such a beautiful view so close to home and the big city.
Along the way, trained naturalists discuss various topics focused on the river: history, habitat, concerns, restoration and awareness. The trips are informative, relaxing and engaging. Get a group of friends together, bring the family or come solo. This is a unique way to get outdoors, make some memories and escape the sounds of city life.
Canoe trips occur every Saturday and Sunday evening from May through the second weekend of October. Times vary depending on month. All equipment is provided. Participants must be able to swim and paddle their own canoe, and be at least 6 years and up. No prior canoeing experience is necessary. Pre-Registration is required.
This year, CNC is offering specialized trips such as Date Night, Private Tours and Morning Birding Canoe Trips. See website for more details!
|Where||Chattahoochee Nature Center 9135 Willeo Rd, Roswell, GA 30075|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:00 pm–9:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
|Phone||770-992-2055 x 237|
|Price||25 - 35|
More About Chattahoochee Nature Center
The Chattahoochee Nature Center is a nature park and a nature preservation and educational center. The park features walking and biking trails and picnic areas, all surrounding a beautiful stretch of the Chattahoochee River. The nature center provides support for hikers, bikers and groups, and also features an environmental program to teach the public about preservation. Summer camps are available and canoeing trips can be arranged for individuals and groups. Visit the Web site for more info on programs, summer camp enrollment, procedures and to learn more about the history of the park.
Other events here
- Guided River Canoe Trips May 4, 2013 / May 5, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 12, 2013 / May 18, 2013 / May 19, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013, 6:00 pm
- Canoe 101 May 19, 2013 / May 26, 2013, 12:30 pm–2:00 pm
- Night Hike Sat, May 25, 8:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Spring Fling by Roswell NEXT Thu, May 30, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm
- 35th Annual Possum Trot 10K Race and 1 Mile Fun Run Sat, Jun 1, 6:30 am
- Guided River Adventures - Canoe Trips on the Chattahoochee River Weekly on Saturdays and Sundays, 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Guided Canoe Adventure - Special Morning Offered Sun, Jun 2, 8:00 am–11:00 am
- Home by Dark Concert Series - James Casto, Josh Osborne, and Jeff Silver Fri, Jun 7, 6:30 pm
- HOME BY DARK CONCERT SERIES AT THE CHATTAHOOCHEE NATURE CENTER Fri, Jun 7, 8:00 pm–10:30 pm
- Teddy Bear Picnic Sat, Jun 8, 11:00 am–12:00 pm