Invite a friend
IMAGES FROM AROUND GEORGIA PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT
Images from Around Georgia
Georgia Nature Photographers Association Exhibit at the Chattahoochee Nature Center
September 25 – December 4, 2012
*Exhibit Reception in Discovery Center Gallery
October 14th 5:30 to 8:00pm
The Georgia Nature Photographers Association (GNPA) in partnership with the Chattahoochee Nature Center (CNC) is pleased to present a juried exhibition of wildlife, landscape, and macro images. These images represent a sample of the best work by the more than 300 members of the GNPA. This exhibit is presented as part of the Atlanta Celebrates Photography Festival.
The GNPA is dedicated to helping nature photographers of all skill levels improve their photography, learn and grow, meet other outdoor photographers, participate in great trips and events, help others understand the value of the natural world, and give focus to a special area of interest in photography.
Every third Thursday of the month the GNPA holds its’ monthly meeting at the Mansour Center located in Marietta. Please join the GNPA on Thursday October 18th at 7:00 for the monthly meeting and the companion ACP event where speakers Tom and Pat Cory presenting “Gently Touch the Earth: Developing your Personal Image Style.” See www.gnpa.org or the festival guide for more details on this companion event.
|Where||Chattahoochee Nature Center 9135 Willeo Rd, Roswell, GA 30075|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
|Phone||770-992-2055 x 238|
|Price||Included with general admission to the Chattahoochee Nature Center: $8 adults, $6 seniors, $5 children 3-12|
More About Chattahoochee Nature Center
The Chattahoochee Nature Center is a nature park and a nature preservation and educational center. The park features walking and biking trails and picnic areas, all surrounding a beautiful stretch of the Chattahoochee River. The nature center provides support for hikers, bikers and groups, and also features an environmental program to teach the public about preservation. Summer camps are available and canoeing trips can be arranged for individuals and groups. Visit the Web site for more info on programs, summer camp enrollment, procedures and to learn more about the history of the park.
Other events here
- Guided River Canoe Trips May 4, 2013 / May 5, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 12, 2013 / May 18, 2013 / May 19, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013, 6:00 pm
- Night Hike Sat, May 25, 8:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Canoe 101 May 19, 2013 / May 26, 2013, 12:30 pm–2:00 pm
- Spring Fling by Roswell NEXT Thu, May 30, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm
- 35th Annual Possum Trot 10K Race and 1 Mile Fun Run Sat, Jun 1, 6:30 am
- Guided River Adventures - Canoe Trips on the Chattahoochee River Weekly on Saturdays and Sundays, 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Guided Canoe Adventure - Special Morning Offered Sun, Jun 2, 8:00 am–11:00 am
- Home by Dark Concert Series - James Casto, Josh Osborne, and Jeff Silver Fri, Jun 7, 6:30 pm
- HOME BY DARK CONCERT SERIES AT THE CHATTAHOOCHEE NATURE CENTER Fri, Jun 7, 8:00 pm–10:30 pm
- Teddy Bear Picnic Sat, Jun 8, 11:00 am–12:00 pm