Invite a friend
Rhythm, Rocks and Roots!
We need YOU for the cacophony when we make noises at CNC. When you make a great big sound, you’ll forget about cold weather. Join in to make a sound that’s BOLD!
Dave Holland explores the Art of Noise at 11am and 12pm with two fun filled shows to help you discover how noise is created and how ordinary objects come together to create rhythm & music! It’s an art, music and rhythm making family extravaganza where YOU are PART of the sound. Find your natural rhythms in the Nature Exchange and try out instruments made from nature from 1-3pm. At 1pm, enjoy our Rock and Read Story Time with a beat. Tap and clap along with this fun rhythmic story told by one of our favorite storytellers. All day we’ll be challenging your ears with our Winter Sounds Scavenger Hunt, so try to find the sounds that make winter anything but silent. Finish with Campfire Treats from 1 - 4pm. After rocking to the rhythm, join Camp Kingfisher at the campfire and drink some hot chocolate and roast that perfect golden brown marshmallow.
|Where||Chattahoochee Nature Center 9135 Willeo Rd, Roswell, GA 30075|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||11:00 am–4:00 pm|
|Price||Included in General admission: $6 for Child/$10 Adult/$7 Seniors 65+/$7 Students 13-18/Free CNC Members & Kids 2- and under.|
More About Chattahoochee Nature Center
The Chattahoochee Nature Center is a nature park and a nature preservation and educational center. The park features walking and biking trails and picnic areas, all surrounding a beautiful stretch of the Chattahoochee River. The nature center provides support for hikers, bikers and groups, and also features an environmental program to teach the public about preservation. Summer camps are available and canoeing trips can be arranged for individuals and groups. Visit the Web site for more info on programs, summer camp enrollment, procedures and to learn more about the history of the park.
Other events here
- Guided River Canoe Trips May 4, 2013 / May 5, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 12, 2013 / May 18, 2013 / May 19, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013, 6:00 pm
- Night Hike Sat, May 25, 8:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Canoe 101 May 19, 2013 / May 26, 2013, 12:30 pm–2:00 pm
- Spring Fling by Roswell NEXT Thu, May 30, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm
- 35th Annual Possum Trot 10K Race and 1 Mile Fun Run Sat, Jun 1, 6:30 am
- Guided River Adventures - Canoe Trips on the Chattahoochee River Weekly on Saturdays and Sundays, 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Guided Canoe Adventure - Special Morning Offered Sun, Jun 2, 8:00 am–11:00 am
- Home by Dark Concert Series - James Casto, Josh Osborne, and Jeff Silver Fri, Jun 7, 6:30 pm
- HOME BY DARK CONCERT SERIES AT THE CHATTAHOOCHEE NATURE CENTER Fri, Jun 7, 8:00 pm–10:30 pm
- Teddy Bear Picnic Sat, Jun 8, 11:00 am–12:00 pm