From the City of Roswell:
In the first weekend in December, Roswell will be transformed by living history interpreters portraying some of Roswell’s most famous residents, including Barrington King and Mittie Bulloch. The weekend also includes a tour of the historic homes, a period dinner, special holiday bazaar, bonfire and more.
Visitors will talk with historical figures and see period craftsmen as they stroll through the homes where these famous Roswell residents lived. Guests are also invited to embrace the city’s history by wearing period clothing (how-to workshop details below) and being part of the event’s best-dressed contest.
Sunday, October 20
Period Dress Workshop, Roswell Cultural Arts Center, 2-4pm, Free
- Costume Designer Marie Estes, who has designed costumes for numerous local theatres, will be leading a free workshop on designing period clothing. The workshop will focus on how to make costumes from items you already have as well as where to rent costumes or buy patterns to sew your own. Space is limited. RSVP to Anita Farley at AFarley@get.org to reserve your spot.
Friday, December 6
Roswell Historical Society Dinner at Great Oaks, 7pm
Saturday, December 7
- Children’s Activities at The Teaching Museum, 11am-3pm
- Tour of Homes sponsored by Roswell Historical Society & Southern Trilogy Homes, 11am-5pm
- Living History Interpreters & Period Crafters on Tour Route, 1pm-5pm
- Holiday Bazaar at Barrington Hall, 11am-5pm
- Lighting of the Square, 5pm-7pm
- Heart of Roswell Park Bonfire, 6pm-10pm
- Living History Interpreters on Canton Street, 6pm-10pm
- A Christmas Carol at Bulloch Hall – Osage Terrace Room, 8pm
Sunday, December 8
- Free Open House at Barrington Hall, 1pm-4pm
- Holiday Bazaar at Barrington Hall, 1pm-5pm
- Caroling on Canton Street, 5pm-7:30pm
- A Christmas Carol at Bulloch Hall – Osage Terrace Room, 7pm
The complete schedule of events includes multiple opportunities to embrace the history of Roswell in 1850s. For more information and a full schedule of events, visit www.roswellheirloomholidays.com.