The Chattahoochee Nature Center will have its native plant sale during two weekends in April.
The sale will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, April 4 and Saturday, April 5. The sale will also take place Friday, April 11 and Saturday, April 12 during the same time.
The sale is a fundraising event for the center, and will feature horticulturalists and master gardeners ready to answer questions from residents. Some of the items include:
- Butterfly Host and Nectar plants including Milkweed, Hibiscus, Salvias, Asters, Fennel, Bee balm, Joe Pye weed
- Blooming trees and shrubs including Native Azaleas
- Early bloomers including Columbine, Geranium, Bloodroot, Beardtongue, and Irises
- Shade-loving groundcovers including Ferns, Alumroot, Foam flower, Phloxes; and
- Wide selection of herb and veggie seedlings from our Unity Garden
On Thursday April 3 between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., Environmental Horticulturalist Lisa Cole will be on hand for a presentation on native plants residents should add to their yards. It will also highlight the best choices for spicing up one's landscape and a walking tour of mature plants in the center's gardens to help you design the garden of your dreams.
Participants also have access to an exclusive members only sale immediately following the presentation.
For more information, contact Lynn McIntyre at (770) 992-2055 ext. 224.