The City of Roswell will be accepting hazardous waste items Saturday morning, but only for city residents. Here are the details:
On October 19th, the City of Roswell Public Works/Environmental Department will hold a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event. This event is for Roswell residents only—no commercial entities please.
The event will run from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and will be held at 1810 Hembree Road (Public Works/Transportation/Fire Facilities). Please note this event is not at the Roswell Recycling Center.
- Oil-based paint
- Paint thinner/turpentine
- Pesticides including fertilizers, herbicides, flea and tick products, fungicides, insecticides, and rodenticides
- Undiluted pool chemicals
- Household cleaners
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Propane gas cylinders
- Mercury thermometers/thermostats
- Household batteries (non-rechargeable)
- Aerosols including aerosol paint
- Automotive brake fluid/used motor oil filters (no other automotive fluids)
- NO LATEX PAINT WILL BE ACCEPTED.
The Environmental Quality Company will be handling and disposing of the materials. Materials cannot be dropped off prior to the event.
For more information please contact Janet Liberman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770.641.3715.