An outstanding line up of guitarists is scheduled to visit Roswell for The Six String Social Club's 2013 concert season.
This year's line up will appeal to a broad audience and includes GRAMMY® Award winners Ed Gerhard and Laurence Juber, jazz legends Frank Vignola and Howard Alden and folk duo Al Petteway and Amy White. Also performing will be the exciting 14-string guitar and cello duo of Acoustic Eidolon, fingerstyle guitarist Muriel Anderson and guitar legend Arlen Roth.
See below for the full 2013 schedule:
- March 9 - GRAMMY® Award winning acoustic guitarist Ed Gerhard;
- April 13 - 14 string guitjo and cello duo Acoustic Eidolon;
- May 11 - Acoustic Guitarist Frank Vignola with Vinny Raniolo;
- June 8 - Fingerstyle guitarist Muriel Anderson;
- July 20 - Jazz guitarist Howard Alden;
- September 14 - Two Time GRAMMY® Award winning guitarist Laurence Juber, formerly lead guitarist for Paul McCartney and Wings;
- October 12 - Indy Award-winning duo of GRAMMY® Award winning guitarist Al Petteway and multi-instrumentalist Amy White; and
- November 9 - Guitarist Arlen Roth, a guitar legend who has toured with many artists including Simon and Garfunkel and Bob Dylan.
Since 2002, the Six String Social Club has presented concerts featuring the world's best guitarists.
"While our concerts, of course, appeal to the guitar enthusiast, we strive to present artists that appeal to a much wider audience," said Eddie Mathis, president of the Six String Social Club. "Our goal is to create a memorable evening out, featuring world-class entertainment, without having to drive into downtown Atlanta. Our location is just north of the heart of historic Roswell and is easy to reach from GA 400."
According to Mathis, the Six String Social Club makes every ticket holder a VIP by providing comfortable seating with wide aisles, in an intimate setting where no seat is more than 30 feet from the stage. Parking is free and complimentary beverages - including wine, beer, and soft drinks - are included. Also included is the opportunity to meet performers during the mid-show break and after the show.
The concerts will be held in the sanctuary of Unitarian Universalist Metro Atlanta North (UUMAN), 11420 Crabapple Road in Roswell. Showtime is 8 p.m. Ticket prices are $30 in advance or $35 at the door. Discounts of $2.50 to $5 a ticket are available for groups of six or more. More information about each artist is available on the Six String Social Club website.
Call 770-365-7738 for concert information.