After being passed up by McDonald's and Wendy's as the second highest grossing burger-centric fast food chain, Burger King is getting a makeover, according to a news statement they released today.
The fast food company unveiled its largest menu expansion and enhancements since was founded 58 years ago. In addition to more than a dozen new food items, each location will see aesthetic and practical enhancements, such as digital menu boards and new packaging.
“We spent the last year analyzing every aspect of our business to better understand what our guests expect from the Burger King dining experience,” said Steve Wiborg, president, North America, Burger King Corp. (BKC).
According to the company, the menu additions include:
- Garden Fresh Salads: BLT, Apple and Cranberry or classic Caesar Salad varieties.
- Chicken Snack Wraps: Honey Mustard Crispy Chicken Snack Wrap and the Ranch Crispy Chicken Snack Wrap have less than 400 calories each.
- Real Fruit Smoothies: Tropical Mango and Strawberry Banana smoothies are made with low-fat yogurt, real fruit and juices.
- Frappés: Mocha and Caramel flavors are made-to-order with a hint of coffee and ice, topped with whipped topping and a swirl of fudge or caramel.
- Crispy Chicken Strips: Premium Crispy Chicken Strips are made with white meat tenderloin chicken, marinated and lightly battered in seasoned home-style breading.
But, many in the world of business and in the media are wondering if it's "too little, too late."
There are three Burger King locations in Roswell, , and .
Are you a Burger King fan? If not, will you give them another chance because of the efforts they're making?