Diamond Pet Foods recently expanded a voluntary recall to include batches of nine brands of dry pet food formulas manufactured between Dec. 9, 2011 and April 7, 2012 due to potential Salmonella contamination.
In April 2012, Diamond Pet Foods initiated three voluntary recalls of Diamond manufactured dry dog food. Although none of the additional products being recalled have tested positive for Salmonella, the company is pulling them from store shelves as a precaution.
The company stated: “We have taken corrective actions at our Gaston, S.C., facility and voluntarily expanded the recall out of concern for our customers and their pets.”
Brands included in the recall include:
- Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul
- Country Value
- Diamond Naturals
- Premium Edge
- Taste of the Wild
- Kirkland Signature Products (see separate recall information below)
To determine if their pet food is recalled, consumers should check the production codes on the back of bags that have a number “2” or a “3” in the 9th position AND an “X” in the 10th or 11th position. The best-before dates for the recalled brands listed above are Dec. 9, 2012 through April 7, 2013.
The Kirkland Signature products included in the recall include:
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Adult Dog Lamb, Rice & Vegetable Formula
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Adult Dog Chicken, Rice & Vegetable Formula
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Mature Dog Chicken, Rice & Egg Formula
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight Dog Formulated with Chicken & Vegetables
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Maintenance Cat Chicken & Rice Formula
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight Cat Formula
- Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Salmon Meal & Sweet Potato Formula for Dogs
To determine if their pet food is recalled, consumers should check the production codes on the back of bags must have both a number “3” in the 9th position AND an “X” in the 11th position. The best-before dates for the recalled brands listed are Dec. 9, 2012 through Jan. 31, 2013.
Pet owners who are unsure if the product they purchased is included in the recall, or who would like replacement product or a refund, may contact Diamond Pet Foods via a toll free call at 1-866-918-8756, Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST. Consumers may also go to a special website for more information. The company is working with distributors and retailers to ensure all affected product is removed from shelves.
Patch is providing this information from the U.S. Food & Drug Adminstration (FDA). You can sign up for recall alerts from the FDA online, or subscribe to an RSS feed.