For a second year, FedEx Corp. has committed to giving away $25 “Shop-Small American Express Gift Cards” through Facebook to 40,000. The Commercial Appeal reported that the promotion is to encourage consumers to support local, small independent businesses and is in honor of Small Business Saturday, Nov. 24.
"America's small businesses are a unique and vibrant part of their local communities and a critical component to the broader health of our economy," T. Michael Glenn, executive vice president of Market Development at FedEx told the Commercial Appeal. "With our support of Small Business Saturday, we're helping raise awareness for the importance of shopping small while empowering 40,000 consumers to get engaged in their own cities and towns."
FedEx gives the following details on how to enter the gift card giveaway:
- Go to the FedEx Facebook page now through Nov. 3. at 10:59 a.m.
- Only one entry will be accepted per Facebook ID.
- Winners of the 40,000 gift cards will be selected at random from among all entrants, and entrants will be notified of their status and provided with a coupon to save $10 on a $20 FedEx Express shipment via email within 10 business days of the close of the entry period.
- Cards will be mailed to the winners for delivery by Nov. 21.
- All entrants will be provided with a coupon to save $10 on a $20 FedEx shipment.