Shark Week returns to the airwaves on the Discovery channel. This year marks the 25th anniversary of the popular show with a lineup of blood biting episodes.
Tonight, Monday, Aug. 13, the network features "SHARKZILLA."
According to the Discovery website, this beast of the waters is said to be "the largest shark to ever swim in our oceans, a predator so fierce he could have bitten a T. rex in two: the mighty Megalodon."
The write-up goes on to say, "The size of a city bus, these prehistoric sharks were as large as 60 feet long and weighed at least 100,000 pounds. This shark was the ultimate Jaws: Megalodons had 250 serrated teeth, each six inches long, set in jaws six feet wide and eight feet tall."
The week's lineup includes two shows most nights:
- Sharkzilla, Aug. 13, 9 p.m.
- Mythbusters' Jawsome Shark Special, Aug. 13, 10 p.m.
- How Jaws Changed the World, Aug. 14, 9 p.m.
- Adrift: 47 Days with Sharks, Aug. 14, 10 p.m.
- Shark Fight, Aug. 15, 9 p.m.
- Great White Highway, Aug. 16, 9 p.m.
- Shark Week's 25 Best Bites, Aug. 16, 10 p.m.
Will you be watching "Shark Week" and if so, why? Tell us in comments below.