Advance voting is underway in the upcoming Roswell council election and Michael Nyden of the Alliance of Roswell Homeowners sends word of a candidates debate next Wednesday, Oct. 23 at 6:30 p.m. at the East Roswell Park. The group also has started a Facebook page for updates leading up to the event:
This debate is being sponsored by Roswell's larger homeowners associations, with questions being solicited from residents through the boards.
We are very pleased that Mike Petchenik, WSB-TV/Channel 2 Action News, will be a moderator. As the Editor for WSB in North Fulton, his knowledge of issues in our region and city, and his experience in our area, will help voters understand the views of our candidates.
Subject to minor change, the format will be:
- Two minute presentation/statement by Mayor Wood
- Opening Presentation/Statement by each Candidate: 2 minutes
- After all candidates have completed their presentations, the moderator will ask five selected questions of each candidate.
The format for each question and answer will be:
- Question by the moderator – such time as required
- Answer Period by candidate to whom question is directed: 2 minutes
- Rebuttal Period by Opponent: 1 minute
The moderator will be responsible for allocating the direction and frequency of questions among candidates.
Each candidate will be allowed one minute for summation/closing remarks.