Your website is your business’s largest billboard and virtual storefront. To catch the attention of window shoppers, you need something alluring to draw them in, said Jason Hennessey, CEO and co-founder of Everspark Interactive.
“A company website often gives customers and clients their first impression of a business,” Hennessey said. “People will visit your website to learn more about you.”
According to Hennessey, a company’s online presence is crucial for customer satisfaction and loyalty. If used correctly, a website can bring in leads and generate enormous amounts of revenue.
Here are seven tips he recommends to companies for doing just that:
1. Graphics: Include impressive graphics and a memorable logo on the homepage. With regard to images, a few is great, but don’t overload the page with images that take a long time to load. The website must have a quick load speed.
2. Put important information at the top of the site, “above the fold.” You want it to be easily accessible so visitors don’t have to scroll down to find it.
3. Monitor ads: Make sure ads don’t cover important information on your site.
4. High-quality writing: A well-written site is the key to keeping people interested in your business. Check for grammatical errors, make sure the content flows and try to throw in some phrases that people might use when searching for a business like yours. Try to use less than 700 words per page.
5. Blog: Keep a blog on your site that you update with relevant content twice per week. Write about subjects related to your industry that you think potential customers might want to read about. Answer some frequently asked questions, provide tips, etc. End each blog post with a call to action that drives readers to contact your business for more information.
6. Navigation: Make sure your website is easy for customers to navigate. Create a simple and intuitive site map. On the homepage, provide clear links to each page of the website.
7. Use Google +: Create a brand page on Google + to connect it to your website to help you interact with fans and customers. With Google’s recent “Search Plus Your World” personalization of the results, it’s important for all businesses to connect their online presence to Google Plus.
About Everspark Interactive
Everspark Interactive is a full-service, search engine optimization (SEO) agency specializing in getting their clients’ websites to rank in the top position on Google, Bing and Yahoo. Currently, Everspark Interactive has about 60 clients and $2.5 million in revenue, offering a wide variety of services from website design and layout, to full, top-tier SEO. Headquartered in Atlanta, Everspark Interactive was founded in June 2009 by internationally-known SEO expert Jason Hennessey and 20-year marketing veteran Chris Watson.