The City of Roswell and Keep Roswell Beautiful will be hosting the 2014 Roswell Green Expo on Saturday, February 22, at Hembree Park.
The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the park located at 850 Hembree Road. The expo is free and open to the public.
In its third year, the expo’s mission is to educate residents about “green” practices they can incorporate into their lives and homes.
The Expo will feature:
- a Green Market, showcasing many local and regional vendors. So far, confirmed vendors include: Roswell Recycling Center, One More Generation, Heath Source of Sandy Springs Chiropractor, The Lost Arts, Atlanta Paint Disposal, Juice Plus Tower Garden, Georgia Aquarium, Lighting Energy Depot, Bike Roswell, Aromas by Johnette, The Rain Barrel Depot, David’s Garden and More, Kim’s Kool Hats & Stuff, Chattahoochee Nature Center, Angels Among Us, and Keep Roswell Beautiful.
- family-friendly cooking demonstrations by Roswell’s own Chef Darwin Felion
- a DIY rain barrel workshop presented by Vicki Culbreth, Environmental Education Coordinator for the City of Roswell, and The Rainbarrel Depot. The workshop is limited to 30 participants. For more information and to register, visit roswellgreenexpo.org.
- Favorite Costumed Characters, including Captain Planet, BAIR from the Clean Air Campaign, “Bag Monster” from the One More Generation, “KiRBy” from Keep Roswell Beautiful, and several native species characters from the Chattahoochee Nature Center
- Keep North Fulton Beautiful’s “SuperPals” Puppet Show
- KRB’s Earth Balloon
- Photo Booth
- Arts Projects for Kids: Create pinecone animals to be displayed in Roswell-area parks for Jacob’s Ladder School’s Hide-And-Seek Art Project.
“The expo is a great way for residents to learn about being green while having fun,” Janet Liberman, co-chair of the Roswell Green Expo and Executive Director of Keep Roswell Beautiful, said in a news release. “The workshops, entertainment and vendors are designed to actively engage community members while teaching simple ways to be sustainable and green. It is not to be missed.”
Sponsors of the 2014 Roswell Green Expo include: Gas South, Bank of North Georgia, Trex Company, Inc., Georgia Power, Caraustar, Neighbor Newspapers, Play It Again Sports, the City of Roswell and Keep Roswell Beautiful.
For more information, visit roswellgreenexpo.org.
Information for this story was supplied by the City of Roswell and edited for publication.