Updated: Tuesday, 7:27 p.m. - Four ninth grade boys at Centennial High School were taken to the hospital during the early afternoon, Tuesday, Oct. 2, after taking an un-prescribed respiratory medication, according to wsbtv.com.
Roswell Police and EMS workers found the boys responsive around 11 a.m., but took them to the hospital as a precaution at the recommendation of Poison Control.
"The students were drowsy and not feeling good," said Roswell Police Spokesman James McGee about the condition officers found the students when they arrived.
"No word on how the students are doing," he said. "We turned the case over to the Fulton County School Resource Officers for further investigation."
McGee said the medication taken by the boys was Mucinex. It belonged to one of the boys and was shared with the others, reports wsbtv.com.
According to McGee, the over-the-counter drug isn't one ususally associated with abuse, but he "was not surprised."
It's one of the reasons "the Drug Take Back Program is a necessity," he said.