With the Roswell Cycling Festival slated to return on Sunday, the city is warning residents to find alternate routes as several main thoroughfares will be closed to traffic.
Roswell Police and traffic crews will get residents in and out of their neighborhoods as needed.
The roads affected are:
- S.R. 9 (Atlanta St./Alpharetta St.) between Magnolia and Woodstock will reduce to one lane southbound by 8:30 a.m.
- Green Street will close from Cherry Way to S.R. 9 at 8 a.m., and will completely close at 9:30 a.m.
- Canton Street will close at 9 a.m. to all traffic.
- Woodstock Road will close at 9:30 a.m.
- S.R. 9 will be the first to open shortly after 7:30 p.m.
- Woodstock Road will be open by 8 p.m.
- Green Street will open in concert with the openings S.R. 9 and Woodstock Road.
- Norcross Street will open as soon as event vendors vacate south Canton Street.
- Canton Street will open from Magnolia to Norcross as soon as event vendors vacate that area.
- Elizabeth Way will remain closed as long as vendors are present.