After hosting a successful series of public planning sessions last month, the city of Roswell is inviting residents and local business owners to attend public meetings for its East-West Alley Master Plan project.
The city would like to present and discuss the concept plans that were developed based on information obtained during last month’s planning sessions with the public.
The goal of the project is to transform two of the City’s alleyways behind Canton Street into vibrant places where people can stroll, shop and dine. There is a movement to revitalize public alleyways in downtown districts all across the country, and Roswell’s East and West Alleys behind Canton Street lend themselves perfectly to this exciting revitalization of public places.
The East-West Alley Master Plan Phase I Report, which was presented during the first planning session, can be viewed at www.roswellgov.com/AlleyMasterPlan.
Meetings Regarding Concept Plans
- July 9, 2014, at 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Roswell City Hall, Room 220: Public Open House to present and discuss concept plans.
- July 9, 2014, at 7 p.m., Roswell City Hall, Council Chambers: Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) Hearing to include discussion of concept plans.
- July 14, 2014, at 5:30 p.m., Roswell City Hall, Room 220: Work Session with Mayor and City Council to present and discuss concept plans.
Specific items addressed will be access, mobility, aesthetics, utilities, parking, stormwater, and wayfinding signage with a key focus on urban sustainability. Once the draft master plan is developed, the city will hold a series of public meetings to present and discuss the plan.
Meetings Regarding Draft Master Plan
- Aug. 13 at 6 p.m., City Hall, Council Chambers: Historic Preservation commission (HPC) hearing for discussion of draft Master Plan
- Aug. 19 at 6 p.m., City Hall, Room 220: public open house to present draft Master Plan
- Aug. 25 at 5:30 p.m., City Hall, Room 220: work session with mayor and City Council to review and discuss Master Plan
- Sept. 10 at 7 p.m., City Hall, Council Chambers: present Master Plan for Adoption at Mayor and City Council Meeting
For more information, contact Roswell City Planner Courtney Lankford at email@example.com or visit www.roswellgov.com/AlleyMasterPlan.