The city of Roswell’s new Unified Development Code and UDC design guidelines have now officially passed and are now in effect.
To help the community better understand the specifics of the code and guidelines, Roswell is offering training sessions on June 19 and 20 at Roswell City Hall.
City hall is at 38 Hill Street and the sessions will be in Room 220.
Each session is scheduled for two hours, with at least one hour being dedicated to a question-and-answer period. The content of each session will be tailored to the needs and interests of each audience identified on the schedule, which is outlined below.
The sessions will be presented by the City’s UDC consultant, Lee Einsweiler with Code Studios, and the city’s consultant for the Design Guidelines process, Noré Winter with Winter & Company. Staff from the the city's Community Development Department will also be present.
Anyone wishing to attend should R.S.V.P. by Friday, June 13, by e-mailing Kevin Turner firstname.lastname@example.org or Jackie Deibel at email@example.com.
If you have any questions that you would like to ask the consultants ahead of time, in preparation for the session, please send them to Kevin Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org Jackie Deibel at email@example.com by Friday, June 6, 2014.
UDC Training Session Schedule (All sessions open to public. Please R.S.V.P. to ensure seating is available).
Thursday, June 19th
- 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.: Engineers and landscape architects
- 10:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m.: architects, developers, contractors, real estate professionals
- 1:30–3:30 p.m.: Roswell Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals members
- 3:30–5:30 p.m.: Roswell Design Review Board and Historic Preservation Commission members
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.: Roswell Mayor and City Council members
Friday, June 20th
- 8:00–10:00 a.m.: Sign companies and business owners
For more information about the UDC, visit the city's website dedicated to the UDC.