The work session begins at 5:30 p.m. in council chambers of City Hall, 38 Hill Street, and will precede a regular Mayor and Council meeting at 7 p.m.
Also on tap to be discussed are items from a day-long Sept. 28 UDC work session and several map items (here's the link to the full agenda for both meetings).
The current working timeline for UDC adoption includes the submission of an accepted draft and map to the mayor and city council by Oct. 28.
A first reading is scheduled for Nov. 13, a map review session will be held on Nov. 25 if needed.
Final adoption has been scheduled for Nov. 9. The UDC and map is slated to go into effect on Jan. 1, 2014.
A possible alternate calendar (detailed on page 11 of the agenda) would push back many of those dates to include additional work sessions in late November and early December, with an effective date for the UDC of March 11, 2014.
On the regular meeting agenda is a resolution to approve spending $79,855 for Winter and Company to develop UDC design guidelines (agenda pp. 50-52).
The regular meeting agenda also includes the following items:
- A resolution to submit the Roswell Midtown Livable Cities Initiative (LCI) 5-year update to the Atlanta Regional Commission (agenda pp. 17-31);
- A resolution to approve amending the list of stand-by judges for the City of Roswell Municipal Court (agenda pp. 41-42);
- A resolution to approve spending $36,500 plus expenses for the Center for Priority-Based Budgeting to provide consulting services for the creation of a priority-based budgeting system in Roswell (agenda pp. 44-46);
- Two deferred rezoning cases, on Strickland Road, and on Holcomb Bridge Road, from the Sept. 11 meeting (agenda pp. 47-48);
- Possible approval of an update to the Transportation Master Plan deferred from Sept. 23 (agenda pp. 58-61).