From the ambitious to the readily achievable, from upscale aspirations to the socially conscious, Roswell residents always offer some interesting and sometimes controversial ideas. Here's what you said in response to this week's Community Agenda survey.
Which Roswell roads are the best? Why?
- Riverside Road; gorgeous drive with the river and all the trees. You feel like you are in a forest and surrounded by nature.
- Highway 92 from Highway 9 to the Cobb County line. It's wide enough to handle the traffic!
- Westside Drive, Highway 9 is looking nicer going north from historic to Holcomb Bridge Road, Old Alabama Road Connector; less traffic, smooth, pretty.
Which Roswell roads are the worst? Why?
- Willeo/120 in this section need turn arrows.
- Mansell Road, Holcomb Bridge Road are terrible, always.
- Hardscrabble Road because too much traffic from Marietta, Cherokee, and Alpharetta clog this little two lane road during rush hour. This road should at the very least have turn lanes implemented at the Chaffin Road intersections.
- Holcomb Bridge Road; traffic during rush hour is horrendous and is often bad on the "off hours."
- Old Alabama Road; it needs to be widened to four lanes to handle the traffic.
- A tie between Holcomb Bridge and Mansell roads.
Do you agree with the in-depth process in which roads are graded according to wear and use? If not, how would you restructure the process?
- Yes. It's a good system.
- Fix the roads before making them look more 'appealing.'
- Fix the traffic lights.
Do you agree or disagree with these answers? Have more to say? Tell us in the comments below!