Roswell will be seeing quite a few more cyclists on the road as Bicycle Ride Across Georgia (BRAG) rolls through tomorrow, Tuesday, June 5.
BRAG includes 1,500 cyclists in a family-oriented eight day journey across beautiful Georgia. The annual event chooses a different touring route each year and this marks the first year a metro area community has been chosen to host the tour's layover days, according to a press release.
Roswell will welcome cyclists arriving mid-day Tuesday, June 5 to a warm reception at . Cyclists will spend all day Wednesday, June 6 shopping, dining and enjoying the city, before departing early in the morning Thursday, June 7. BRAG is a great opportunity to showcase the wonderful things Roswell has to offer.
How can you welcome BRAG to Roswell?
- Put up a sign and balloons to welcome cyclists as they enter Roswell;
- Volunteer with Bike Roswell to help with events for BRAG riders;
- Businesses can offer a special BRAG coupon or discount;
- Come out to the where the Mike Watson Band will be keeping BRAG riders on their feet Tuesday, June 5 from 7 p.m.-9 p.m. and food will be available from Shane’s Rib Shack and Bruster’s Ice Cream ($5 admission for non-BRAG riders);
- Join in the festivities Wednesday, June 6 on Canton Street as live music from Big Biscuit Band, shopping and dining will be in full swing; and
- Watch for cyclists on the roads…help Roswell live up to our Bike Friendly Community designation!
To learn more about BRAG, signup to volunteer or to participate in the ride, visit www.bikeroswell.com/brag.