The Swift School
The Swift School, off Grimes Bridge Road, serves students with mild to moderate language-based learning disorders, specifically, dyslexia and related learning problems.
Utilizing the Orton-Gillingham methodology of teaching, the school employs small class sizes and individualized learning to reach students. Beginning the fall of 2011, the school will extend its student grade level acceptance to 7th-grade.
Tours of the school are offered Tuesday mornings at 9am.
For more information or to enroll a student, visit the website.
- Fax: 678-205-1339
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 4pm
- Founding Date: 1998
- Number of students: 166
- Male-to-female ratio: 2:1
- Public/Private: Private
- Religious affiliation: None
- Accreditation/licenses: The Georgia Accrediting Commission, Inc., Southern Association of Independent Schools, Georgia Independent Schools Association
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 6:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 44
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Community Outreach is an integral part of Swift School's mission and passion to create an environment that is exciting, challenging and supportive for our students and to build connections to families, friends, neighbors who share our world.
- Grade levels: 1st-grade through 8th-grade
- Special education: Yes
- Extracurricular activities available: Chess Club, Science Club, Art Club, Lego Club, Music/Choir Club, Competitive Sports
- Uniforms: Yes